Thursday, March 20, 2014

Leaving Provo

Well we just found out about transfers.  I am being transferred and my companion, Hermana Smith is staying here.  I am so sad but I know the Lord needs me to be somewhere else right now.  I have served in the Provo Slate Canyon area for 4 and half months now.  It has been such a pleasure to serve here.  I seriously love Provo.  The ward has been amazing! I have grown so much in this area and have seen so many people progress.  Serving my first 2 transfers in this area with Hermana Bumstead was a blast, she helped me so much in so many ways and this past transfer serving with Hermana Smith has been great!  She has helped me a lot seeing what my full potential really is.  Transfers are so tough especially when you have grown so attached to the area, to the people, to the missionaries you serve with, and other things.

I have to say this past week was really good.  There were so many little miracles that we had.  We were able to teach a lot of lessons.  We had a lesson with the mother I mentioned last time, this week and she only had 15 minutes.  Usually our lessons are kind of long with her.  It is always an adventure when we teach her, she gets really distracted so it kind of takes a long time.  A lot times things never go as planned haha.  So she has been working on quitting smoking and we taught her the Word of Wisdom and it went so well.  She was really focused and we were able to teach everything with her.  She understood it well and knows that she needs to live it to be ready for baptism.

On Wednesday was my 8 month mark, it is crazy to think that I have been out that long. As a district we did some service for some members that were moving and then we went to lunch afterwards.  Usually when we go to lunch we pray about where we should go so we can meet people and talk to more people.  We felt super strongly that we should go to Panda Express.  When we got there I ran into one of my really good friends from back at home, Brynne Townley.  We have grown up together and are in the same home ward.  It was sooooo good to see her.  It made my day so much! It was something that I needed, it was a good reminder of a lot of things. 
We also had our last district training meeting of the transfer.  It was pretty emotional.  We didn't know who was leaving or staying but we decided to all share our testimonies.  Everyone got really emotional.  We have grown a lot together and have experienced hardships, miracles, and many other things together.  Everyone wanted me to go last haha one of my zone leaders, Elder Page said "Sister Garces needs to go last because you know we have to save the best for last" haha.  I cried a lot as a bore my testimony, I have learned a lot this past transfer especially about myself.  My testimony of so many things have increased so much.

So yesterday was my last Sunday in my Spanish ward.  I felt really prompted to bear my testimony to the ward, maybe I should have taken that as a sign that I was going to be transferred.  I felt really prompted to and it went really well.  I felt the need to share what I know to be true and express gratitude to the ward.  My ward mission leader said he didn't want me to leave and had a feeling that I was staying...he was way off haha.  He has been so great to work with and just everyone in the ward.
We went by to see the a wonderful that has a tremendous impact on me.  They heard that we were having transfers this week, they didn't want either of us to go.  They said no Hermana Garces, you can't leave, we love you so much.  They don't know I am leaving yet and many other people don't know yet but I know I have to trust in this and that I am needed somewhere else. 


These next two days are going to be saying goodbye to everyone.  I am so grateful to be in this mission.  I have learned so much and I have seen so many blessing from serving.

Next week I will be with a new companion and in a new area.  I have been 4 and a half months without a car.  I have been so used to walking/biking...if I get transferred to an area with a car, I might go a little crazy haha.  Anyways I love you all, thanks for everything and all the support you all give me.

Hermana Veronica Garces



No comments:

Post a Comment