Thursday, March 20, 2014

Great experiences!

Hey everyone sorry I wasn't able to write a weekly email last week, I was short on time.  Again this week I am short on time so this email will be a little short. 

I don't even know where to start, so many things have happened. 

We had zone conference on Valentine's Day and it was amazing!! It made me reflect on how I want to be better as a missionary. So many inspired things were said that I needed to hear.

So we are teaching a mother and she is on date to be baptized on March 22 and this past week we got her daughter on date to baptized for the 22nd as well.  We are so excited for them.  The good mother is still struggling with quitting smoking but we gave her a program from the church that will help her stop.  Its like a 15 step program that really works.

We had a miracle this past week.  So a ward mission leader from an English ward asked us to stop by this lady who is less active and she has a daughter that is 13.  Anyways we have been by her house so many times at different times of the day but she's never home or doesn't answer.  We finally got in her door this week.  She let us in and to be honest at first I didn't think she liked us.  She was speaking English to us and then we started speaking Spanish to her and she opened up a lot more.  She is less active but her daughter is super active.  She is from Venezuela.  It ended up going really well with them.  She invited us back over and wants to make dinner for us and she even gave us a ride home.  It was such a miracle because my whole time I have been in this area we have tried her house and we have had no luck.  We are really excited to start teaching them.

Also next week is transfers, I don't want to leave this area yet.  I have grown so close to a lot of people here and I am just not ready to leave yet.   But if I do leave I know it is for a reason.  I am so grateful for this gospel and to be serving a mission.  It has taught me so much to be better in every aspects of life.  I love you all and thanks again for everything. 

My email next week will be a lot longer!

Love,
Hermana Veronica Garces

No comments:

Post a Comment