Monday, January 20, 2014

Another great week!

This week was really great!!! It was full of a lot of miracles! First off thanks for all the letters this week, I really appreciate them and I will do my best to write back to all of you!!

Shout out to Mike, Cristen, and family....I LOVED your Christmas letter!!! It made me laugh a little haha you all are great!!

So funny story, there is an Elder Garces that came into our mission in December and he's a Visa waiter for his mission to Mexico.  And the mission office would call our phone a lot meaning to talk to Elder Garces and I would get some of his mail because you know we have the same last name.  So the other day when we were at the temple booth some Elders came by and one of them looked at me and was like "hey its my sister" and then I realized it was Elder Garces and I was like o haha i have been getting your mail and he was like haha that's funny because I have been getting your mail too! We actually took a picture together haha.  He already left to Mexico a few days ago.  He's from Sandy, Utah and he didn't really know Spanish before the mission either haha.  His parents are from Peru.  So yeah it was kind of funny...because a lot of people in the mission thought we were related and I was like haha no i have never met him.

This week we went to a Peruvian restaurant that a less active lady works at, her name is Karina and she invited us to go.  We went and the food was so delicious, she seemed so happy to see us.  She's a single mother with 5 kids.  After that we started walking home and it was snowing and then all of sudden it was snowing super hard and it was super windy.  We literally could not see anything when we were walking, it was crazy!!! Sister Bumstead and I just started laughing like crazy because the whole situation was ridiculous.  We came home and we looked like snow men, we were covered in snow haha.

This week we had a zone training meeting and it was really great.  We set goals for our zone, we talked about how we can be more successful missionaries and about what we can do to find more people to teach. 

This week we were able to find 3 new investigators!!!! We found a lady that the missionaries dropped before because she wasn't progressing but we found out she's interested again.  Her name is Sasha and she's from the Dominican Republic and o my goodness she is super hard to understand haha but she committed to go to church on Sunday! 

We also got a referral from our AP's about this family that was being taught for awhile and were dropped.  We went to visit them and they are on board and want the lessons again. 

There's this other investigator that we are teaching named Karina (haha we are teaching a less active Karina and investigator Karina).  We have been teaching her for awhile and she always wanted to come to church but she never went but since its the new year our Spanish ward got changed to 1pm and she came on Sunday!!! It was so good to see her.  Actually a lot of people go to church now because our church starts at 1.  It used to start at 9 am.  Also on Sunday we had to give a talk with our ward mission leader, in Spanish.  We weren't super nervous until we saw that a seventy was there.  All of us got super nervous.  He wasn't an area seventy, he was a legit seventy.  I never thought in my life I would be giving a talk in front of a seventy let alone Spanish.  It actually went pretty well and he came up to us and said we did a really good job. 

Well my time is up! Thanks again for everything, I love you all!

Love,
Hermana Garces

No comments:

Post a Comment