Monday, January 20, 2014

Staying in Provo!

Well this morning we found out about transfers.  This past week I kept thinking that I was going to leave, for some reason I felt like my time was done in Provo.  But we found out this morning that I am staying in Provo, and that my companion, Hermana Bumstead is leaving.  We knew one of us was going to leave.  These next few days are going to be a little tough saying goodbye to each other.  We have grown so close.  I have learned on the mission that you get really attached with people especially your companion.  They are with you 24/7 and they know so much about you.  So saying goodbye is tough.  Hermana Bumstead said to me, I feel like we are breaking up/getting a divorce haha but its true it kind of feels like that.  We are going to make the best of it, our last 2 days together.  I don't know who my new companion will be but I know that it will be someone that i am meant to be with this time in my mission.

This week, we went to the temple twice!! The whole month of December the temple was closed.  So it was super nice to get to go again.  We went as a companionship and then we went as a district.  They showed a new video, not the new one that people talked about for awhile, they started showing this video over a week ago so its brand new.  It was soooooo good.  I got a lot of answers to my prayers this week when I went to the temple. 

This week I also went on exchanges.  It was a very good experience, I like going on exchanges to learn more from other sisters. 

Also this past week, we taught a family that is not super active these days, the Stancliffe Family.  They live on the other side of the area up this huge hill so it is always an adventure when we go visit them.  They had us over for dinner and we talked to them about the importance of attending church because they haven't been coming to church recently.  It was a really good lesson with them, Brother Stancliffe works for a vending machine company and he had all these vending machine snacks that were about to expire that he can't put in the machines anymore but they are still good.  He gave us this huge box of snacks, it was HUGE.  We had to walk with it down this hill and it is still pretty icy.  The box was super heavy and it seriously looked like we robbed a convenience store haha.  We kept laughing because we looked so ridiculous and it was so cold.  We realized that we wouldn't be able to carry this huge box all the way home walking so we called our zone leaders to come get us and they were like "Sisters what are you doing" haha.  They thought we looked pretty ridiculous.  Let me just say the mission is full of adventures haha. 

We are still working on trying to find more people to teach.  We are meeting with our Stake President this week to see how we can help more and get more involved. 

I am super excited to be staying in Provo, I know my work is not yet finished in this area.  Next week, I will tell you all who my new companion is! Today we are meeting as a district/zone and doing a journal signing because some other people are leaving too! It is super sad but the Lord knows where we need to go or if we should stay.

I love you all! Thanks for all the love and support!

Love,
Hermana Garces

No comments:

Post a Comment