Friday, May 16, 2014

Sigueme

Well before I tell you all what happened this week, I just want to say how excited I am for General Conference this weekend!! General Conference weekends are seriously the best time of year.  It is definitely inspired that it is every 6 months.  I just found out this morning that I will be able to go to conference this time! I will be going to the Saturday morning session.  So everybody watching conference this weekend know that I will be there Saturday morning! I heard we get to sit up front or really close to the front which will be way exciting!!

We went to the temple as a district on Tuesday.  I love going to the temple so much.  I got to see Hermana Derges (she was in my MTC district).  It was so good to see her.  I love seeing people from my MTC district.  They will always be my family!

This past week I was able to teach a few Skype lessons with some of my best friends from back at home.  It was such a great experience teaching them and sharing with them what I know to be true.  The gospel has made me so happy in my life and I want to share that happiness I feel to everyone!

Saturday was a very busy day.  We had big G's baptism which went so well! So many people came to his baptism, probably the biggest turnout I have had for a baptism since being on the mission.  Pretty much the whole branch was there.  He was so happy, seeing someone come out of the waters of baptism just brings tears to my eyes.  They are taking such an important step in their life coming close to the Savior.  We did a special musical number for him.  The three of us sang and his fiance sang with us.  We sang Sigueme, it is a Spanish song that talks about Christ and following him and his example.  I actually sang that sang at my very first baptism that I had in my first area in Payson for Eduardo.  It brought back a lot of memories. When we practiced the song not gonna lie we sounded really bad but then when we actually performed it, we ended up pulling through.  Its amazing how the spirit can help us with situations like that. 


Also that afternoon we went to another baptism in Eagle Mountain that one of my companion's was involved with teaching her.  So many missionaries were at this baptism.  My last companion Sister Smith was there and my past zone leaders was there.  It was nice to see them again.  It was so nice to see Sister Smith and talk about how things were going in my old area in Provo.  We did a musical number also at this baptism as well.  All the missionaries that were there sang the song "Come unto Christ", the very last part we did in Spanish.  The song is from the youth theme this year.  The spirit was felt so strongly while we sang it.  Singing both of those songs at both of the baptisms made me reflect on my mission.  I hit my 9 month mark this week!! Both of those songs talk about Christ and if anything I have learned on my mission, I have learned to Come unto Christ.  Every touch thing I have gone through I have learned to turn to my Savior.  I am so grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. 


That night we went to the Women's broadcast.  How awesome was that!! Sister Smith and her companion came with us! I really liked how they stressed that we as women really need each other.  We need to love each other and look to everyone as a Daughter of God.  It made me really think of the companions I have had to far in the mission.  Each one I have needed.  I have learned something different from each of them.  I have grown to love each one of them so much.  I was sitting with Sister Smith during the broadcast and we just hugged each other and she said to me "I love you Sister Garces, our companionship was so inspired, we needed each other".  It's so true I needed her my last transfer I was in Provo.  I grew a lot with her.  And now I need to be with Sister Holladay and Sister Figueroa.  I love them both so much. 

Well I am about out of time! I love you all! Enjoy conference this weekend!!

Hermana Garces

No comments:

Post a Comment