Sunday, August 3, 2014

Grateful to serve in Pleasant Grove

Well, we have transfers this week and I am staying in the area and my companion, Sister Traini is leaving.  What an incredible transfer we have had together.  These past 6 weeks have gone by so fast but we have done so much together.  The beginning of the transfer we were only teaching about 7 lessons a week and this past week we taught 25 lessons this week, that is the number of our standards of excellence for our mission!!! So we were really excited last night when we reported numbers to our district leader and realized that we reached that number!

4th of July was so much fun!!! The entire mission walked in a parade in Provo.  I got to see all of my old companions and all the missionaries that I have served around.  It was so nice to catch up with everyone.  During the parade, I also saw a lot of people that I knew from my old areas! After the parade we had lunch with the entire mission and watched our mission slideshow.  Also later that day we were locked in a chapel from 5-9 with our district.  We watched Frozen, what a cute movie! We also played a lot of games.  We also saw some fireworks from our house but nothing compares to the fireworks in DC!


Brother F and Brother A had their baptism interviews and they both passed! They are ready! Keep them in your prayers this week.  Satan likes to work extra hard on investigators when it is close to their baptism! There is going to be at least like 15 missionaries there who taught brother F!

Tonight we have a lesson with big Brother M and his wife.  We are hoping to put his wife on date for baptism, we are going to have to trust in the spirit a lot for this lesson.

I am so grateful to be serving here in Pleasant Grove, it really is a great area! I am excited to take it over and a little nervous at the same time but I know that I need to still be in this area and that my new companion needs to be here too!

Shoutout to my Mom, I hope you had a great birthday this past week, I love you so much!!!

I love you all!

Love,
Hermana Veronica Garces

No comments:

Post a Comment