Sunday, August 3, 2014

Leaving American Fork/Transfered to Pleasant Grove

Well first off I want to wish my Dad a Happy Father's Day.  I hope you have an awesome day! You are the best Dad ever! Also a birthday shout out to my nephew, Peyton! I can't believe you are 4 years old now, I hope you had a fun day!

Well, I have been transferred to Pleasant Grove, its basically right next to American Fork so I didn't go too far.  I am serving with Hermana Traini, she is from Alaska.  She is so awesome, I can already tell that we are going to have an amazing transfer together. 

This area is a little similar to American Fork.  We cover 14 stakes but we also cover 2 Spanish wards, so there is a lot of members that I will need to get to know! We cover Pleasant Grove, Lindon, and Ceder Hills.


We have a golden investigator, seriously he is so awesome.  He has such a strong desire to be baptized but has to wait due to some personal things.  He has changed his life so much already.  He is such an example to a lot of people.  We are really excited for him for when he can be baptized!


We have another investigator. He has been investigating the church for over 10 years now.  He has 2 kids that have been members for awhile.  He goes to church pretty much every Sunday.  He has been through so many missionaries, he knows the church is true but can't commit himself to a baptism date.  We had an amazing lesson with him this past week.  We planned on just starting over with him and teaching all the lessons.  We started with the first lesson, we just wanted to go into the lesson and see where he was at.  We taught him lesson 1 about the Restoration and it went really well and then we talked about baptism.  He said he just doesn't feel ready to be baptized, he said he doesn't think he will ever be ready.  The spirit was guiding Sister Traini and I so much during this lesson.  I had something in my head that I wanted to say but wasn't sure if I should say it but I did it anyway "I said, Hermano, we can set a baptism date with you today and if we need to change it we can, it can be a goal for you, you know this church is true, this Gospel can truly bless you and I know you know that.  We can set a date for you and you can pray about it and ask specifically in your prayers if you will be ready to be baptized on that day.  Also to help you with your answer, you need to pray and read every single day.  I promise you Heavenly Father will answer you.  Sister Traini then looked at the calendar on her Ipad and she pointed to the 19th of July and I said yes.  And she said, brother...will you prepare yourself to be baptized on the 19th of July?  And he took awhile to answer but then he said ok I will do it, I will pray about it....I know it is something that I need to do.  I need to commit and just do it.  We continued to keep testifying to him that he will be so blessed for taking this step.  We came out of that lesson so happy, we were like jumping up and down.  So many missionaries have taught him and have never been able to commit him to a baptism date.  We were on such a high the entire day.  We didn't expect being able to put him on date at all, but the spirit spoke to us so strong.  It is his time.  We are so excited for him.


We are also teaching a lot of less actives.  This transfer our goal is to find more people to teach. 


We also had stake conference and it was amazing! Lawrence Corbridge of the seventy was there....he was amazing! He said so many great things.  President McCune and his wife was also there.

I miss American Fork but I know I need to be in Pleasant Grove right now serving with Sister Traini. 



This area is amazing! I already have connected to so many people here!

I love you all!

Love,
Hermana Veronica Garces

No comments:

Post a Comment