Tuesday, October 22, 2013

10th week...iPads!!

Well first off thanks Mom, Dad, and Melissa for all of the encouraging letters, they have really helped me! Also thanks everyone who keeps writing me and emailing me, I really appreciate it!

So Tuesday I was on exchanges and I got to drive again!! It was in Spanish Fork again! We had a little adventure because we got locked out of the house so we ended up going to the other sisters house in the area.  It just so happened to be the house of Hermana Read and her companion! She was super confused to see me at her house haha.  It was great to see her though, it always makes me super happy when I get to see my MTC companion.  It was a good day, we taught a lot.

Wednesday I went on another exchange with an English sister in Santaquin.  It was good for me to teach a lot of lessons in English so that eventually I can start feeling more comfortable teaching the lessons in Spanish haha. 

On Friday we had zone conference.  President McCune started zone conference with a little scripture study and he told us that there will be an interruption because he is expecting a phone call from salt lake.  We read in 1 Nephi about when he is commanded to build the ship and what tools he had to use.  We then talked about what tools we use for missionary work like preach my gospel, scriptures, facebook, etc.  And then the phone rang and he was like o well I am just with the missionaries talking about tools we use and then he was like o your have another tool they could use.  And then people started walking in with Ipads.  President McCune then said an early Christmas present, you all will be getting your Ipads today!! We all cheered! So we got our Ipads set up and basically everything is on there, the gospel library, our whole area book is on there, we can access facebook, and do everything on there to bring forth missionary work! We are the 4th mission in the world to now have Ipads! We also get to keep the Ipad with us throughout our mission and then we will have to turn it in after our mission.  It is definitely going to help with hastening the work.  It is indeed a very exciting time to be a missionary!

So General Conference was amazing!!! All of the talks were so good! I especially liked President Uchtdorf's talk! His talks are always so good! I also really liked Ulisses Soares of the seventy's talk.  He talked about meekness, I feel like that is an attribute that I have been blessed with while I have been on my mission.  If I didn't have that gift I know things would be more challenging for me.
I also really liked Elder Holland's talk.  HE emphasized that we should never lose hope in our Heavenly Father and that God's love for us is always there no matter whether we deserve it or not.

We have a baptism this Saturday that we are really excited about! His name is Jose, he's 20.  He's the son of Carmen who got baptized a month ago.  He's so ready and is going to be such an example to others.

Thanks for all the love and support from you all!

Also Happy Birthday to my brother, Mike this week! You are getting so old haha! Have a good one!

Love,
Hermana Veronica Garces

No comments:

Post a Comment