Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Eighth week...

First off thanks Mom and Dad for the package!!! I really appreciate it and thanks for all the letters I got this week! Keep them coming, I really appreciate them!

On Tuesday I had the opportunity to drive a little in Spanish Fork, Utah! My companion had a meeting in Provo so I went on exchanges with another sister in Spanish Fork and got special permission to drive! It was nice and it made me realize that I miss driving! Also on Tuesday we had a meeting for all the Spanish missionaries in our mission in Provo.  We talked about how to better work with stake leaders/ward leaders to better bring forth Spanish work.  There's over 100 Spanish speaking missionaries in our mission, crazy!! What was super great was that I got to see my MTC district, Hermana Read, Hermana Derges, Hermana Sablan, and Elder Hodges!!! It was so good to see all of them and catch up!! I miss them so much!!!

On Wednesday I went on exchanges with a sister in my zone, Hermana Flores.  It was a great and positive experience with her.  I was able to grow a lot with her.  I will be going on a lot of exchanges this transfer because my companion is Sister Training Leader so she has to go on exchanges with all the sisters in our zone!

On Saturday we had the baptism for Alex!! He seemed so happy and he said he felt so clean! He is such a cute kid! We gave him a picture of Jesus and the Children to remind him that Jesus Christ will always be there for us. 

On Sunday we went to Alex's ward for his confirmation and we actually gave talks in his ward.  I talked about the power of conversion with the Book of Mormon.  I planned a 10 minute talk but it had to be like 20 minutes and somehow someway I spoke for 20 minutes, the spirit was definitely guiding me!

This week I will be going on exchanges again with another sister.  Also this week we have zone conference and rumor has it that we will be getting our Ipads and Iphones!!! It is exciting! Also this week is general conference which I am super excited for! my companion gets to go to a session, I won't be able to go this time but I will be able to go in April and October next year! It is seriously inspired that we have General Conference every 6 months, we really need it!

Thanks again for all of the love and support!

Love,
Hermana Veronica Garces

No comments:

Post a Comment