Tuesday, October 22, 2013

12th week...

First off thanks Mom and Dad for the package! I loved it so much! Melissa thank you so much for the cards you made me! Mike, Cristen, Luke, and Cailyn thank you so much for the scarf, I love it! And Charles thanks for the package of Sour Patch Kids and Swedish Fish, you know me too well haha.  Also thanks for the I love Taiwan key chain.  Thanks to everyone else who sent me letters this week!

So Tuesday was my birthday! It was way fun!  Hermana Lish got me some of my favorite treats, made me a poster, and blew up balloons everywhere!  On Monday my district surprised me with cake and icecream and sang to me! It was very nice! On my actual birthday I was on exchanges with Sister Jeppson and she is so awesome! We had a fun day together and taught a lot of good lessons.  We taught Eduardo (the one who got baptized in August) and he's actually been struggling a lot lately with some things so we really wanted this lesson to be a spiritual experience for him so that he could feel that spirit again.  It was the first time I guess that I took over this lesson because Hermana Lish is always with us when we teach him.  I decided to talk about the Joseph Smith Experience with him and really apply it to him.  I was a little nervous reciting the first vision to him because I actually haven't really recited it in a lesson since being at the MTC.  I knew I had to just go for it, so I looked at him directly in the eye and recited it.  As I recited it, I could feel the spirit so strongly and when I finished saying the words Eduardo looked at me and smiled and had tears in his eyes.  I knew that he could feel it.  It was such a great experience and it made me feel good knowing that it was something he really needed.  It was a great lesson to have on my birthday! At the end of the night Sister Jeppson, Sister Baker, and Sister Derges treated me for ice cream! It was way fun! The next day my birthday still wasn't over haha.  We had an appointment with a less active family that we absolutely love.  The Godinez Family, they heard it was my birthday from the Elders and they surprised me by making me a cake.  It was way sweet!

The rest of the week was pretty good, we taught a lot of lessons.  On Saturday we had a activity for the ward missionaries in our ward which are pretty much all youth.  We had them all invite their friends and we had a cookout and played games outside.  It was really fun but I got a major sun burn haha.  Also on Saturday we went to do service for a less active women we are teaching, Margaret.  She is so sweet! I mowed a lawn for the first time in my life, it was pretty fun and I didn't do too bad haha.

This week is the last week of the transfer, time is going by crazy fast! We have to do two more exchanges this week and its in my area so I will be driving and taking over the area.  We are going to the temple tomorrow as a district which I am really excited about! Going to the temple just always makes me feel better. Today we are actually doing an activity with all the sisters in our zone! We are going to be carving pumpkins, I am really excited because I have really gotten to know all of the sisters in our zone by going on exchanges with them.  They are all so nice!

So this time next week I should know about transfers! We will see what happens.  Thanks again for all of the love and support. 

Family, enjoy your time with Charles.  I really wish I could be there with you all.  Just pretend I am there haha.

Love,
Hermana Veronica Garces

No comments:

Post a Comment